One of my Dotties members recently asked how to get the best testimonial from your clients. The kind of testimonial that screams ‘whack out your wallet immediately and give me #AllTheMoney’, rather than, ‘ahh cool. That sounds nice..’
In order to get the best testimonials from your clients, you need to have a clear process in place – and ask the right questions.
- Before the client starts working with you, make sure that you have a questionnaire asking them what life/ business/ health/ relationship is like right now. And then an automatic questionnaire after they’ve finished, asking what life looks like now that they’ve finished working with you.
- Start broaching the testimonial topic two weeks before clients finish working with you. And don’t be afraid to follow up. Everyone’s calendar gets jammed and it can be difficult to fit in a time to write a testimonial for someone – no matter how much they like you!
- Specify a format/ structure for the testimonial. Think about what your prospective clients want to hear in a testimonial/ what will make them feel comfortable about investing. (And check out the questions below for some examples!)
Now when it comes to asking the right questions to get immediately profitable testimonials, you need to think about;
- Have I covered off the key elements that prospective clients want to hear about? The experience, the feelings and the results?
- Do the answers make sense/ are they in a logical and easily readable journey format?
- Do the answers showcase ‘before and afters’ well? In other words, does the testimonial show how far your client has come and the amazing journey that they’ve taken?
Some of my favourite questions to ask when looking for testimonials are;
- What was your life like before we started working together? And what does your life/ business look/ feel like now?
- Did you have a major breakthrough moment during the course/ coaching with me/ participating in the programme? What was it and how did it change your results?
- What were your key tangible results whilst working with me?
- What would you want to tell people who were considering working with me?
- Describe the experience of what it’s like to work with me.
These questions will help you get answers that establish the know, like, trust factor with your audience – and also give your client the best ways to showcase your skills with ease and integrity!
Smart Leaders Sell Podcast (For more sales trainings!)