So – everyone and their DOG wants to sell you something (or at least that’s what it feels like!) to help you build your business.
People are telling you that you can’t run your business without;
– A webinar funnel.
– Paid advertising
– A core marketing strategy
– Mindset work
– Email Autoresponders
– Different pieces of software
– Social Media upgrades/ premium accounts
Heck – I even tell you to invest in your SALES skills from time to time
The honest truth, however, is,
The reality is that when you run an online business, you WILL need the things above. And they WILL all work.
But that doesn’t mean that you need them all at once – or that they’ll work for you at different stages of your business.
So if you are;
– Currently making between 0-5K per month, then your ONLY focus is SALES and Business Foundations. You do NOT need paid advertising, you do NOT need a high-level mastermind and you don’t need a ton of software. You DO, however, need solid sales skills, good messaging and the ability to create an offer. So if you’re wondering how to take your business to that 5K per month mark and beyond – invest ONLY in Business Foundations or Sales skills.
– Currently making 5-10K per month consistently (and consistently means three months at the same level!) and you want to scale to 20K and above, then you need to focus on; MARKETING and SALES – because your job at this level is to build your audience of warm leads (marketing) and convert them (sales) in a way that doesn’t take up tons of time. This is the level that you’ll be really looking at your first automated funnels/ sales pages and potentially hiring an ads manager.
– Currently making 15K + per month consistently and wanting to scale your sales to 25K+ per month AND reduce your working time in your business. Your job at this level is to focus on AUTOMATION, DELEGATION and FUNNELS! That’s right, at this level, it’s your job to hire a fabulous team to reduce the amount of stuff that you’re doing that is NOT in your zone of genius PLUS implement some great automated funnels to generate revenue on demand.
Now – at each level, there are going to be other things that you might need to look at, depending on other factors. For example, if you’re not super confident to sell your services, you might need some mindset help. Or if you’ve managed to generate a ton of revenue in a super short timeframe but have NO time to take on any more clients, then you’ll need to look at delegation earlier.
But please –
If you don’t have a large audience – passive income is NOT the way to start.
If you don’t have any tech skills, funnels are not your key focus until you can hire someone to do it for you.
If you don’t know paid advertising – wait until you can hire that awesome Ads Manager.
And if you’re struggling to think about what you really need to focus on right NOW, let me know in the comments and I’ll point you in the right direction!